The Garretti counts remained lords of Ferrere until 1851 (therefore for 750 years).
Between 1780 and 1785, the counts had a large villa built on the same hill as the parish church and upstream from the same, in the shape of a castle but without fortifications, which was called Castelrosso, perhaps because it was painted red on the outside.
The Castelrosso was purchased by Asti's Curia in 1956 and is still owned by the same who used it, after the construction of another imposing building, as a retirement home for the elderly.
Comune di Ferrere
- FERRERE D'ASTI (Castelrosso, Castelvecchio)
GAL BMA - Gruppo di Azione Locale del Basso Monferrato Astigiano
- Comune di Ferrere (AT)